Is Your Child Afraid Of The Dark,
Many children, for various factors are afraid of the dark.
This probably be for any multitude of reasons. Children in their inexperience, have vivid creativeness and can become fearful of the darkish & the many unknowns associated with the black. We all remember the unusual creaks that can be heard at night whenever things are exceptionally quiet. Or what about the weird shadows, plus moving figures created by bouncing car headlights from cars on a nearby street shining in a bedroom on a wall structure. These things are enough to create some adults uneasy, let alone kids!
So what do you do if this is the situation with your child,
Well, there are some simple steps that can be taken to help to place your children at ease when night time or even bed time comes.
1) Walk together with your child and look through the entire bed room. Look under beds, in cabinets, behind objects etc . to show your son or daughter that there is nothing to be afraid of such as monsters, etc .
2)Leave your bed room door open as well as your child’s bed room door at night so they do not sense so alone or confined.
3) Close closet doors etc within child’s bedroom. This will make all of them feel more at ease.
4)Place a night light in their bed room for when they sleep at night therefore it isn’t such a dark experience. the sunshine will make the feel more comfortable.
5)In some cases, provide them with a packed toy to sleep with during the night. This way they will feel safe knowong they are not alone but possess a cuddly friend with them.
6) Sometimes, some warm milk before mattress will do the trick in making them rest, quicker, and more soundly.
7) In some cases there maybe times to play some relaxing, upbeat songs (softly) that will keep them occupied till they fall asleep.
8)It is also great to reinforce with your children that you will notice them in the morning. This will make all of them feel reassured that they will see ‘Mommy’ & ‘daddy’ in the morning.
* No doubt there are different strategies to be able to deal with children over coming their particular fear of the dark. These really are a few really good ideas to assist in assisting your children have a good nights rest with out it affecting you, or even your sleep.